Saturday, January 12, 2008

Sorry this post is so corny!

One of the new cookbooks I got was Veganomicon. As I was paging through it, I noticed a few recipes that just HAD to go together. The first recipe was Cornmeal-Masala Roasted Brussels Sprouts. I know Brussels sprouts are one those gross foods that you hide in your napkin or try to feed to your dog, but if you haven't tried them roasted yet, you should give them another chance. Roasting Brussels sprouts makes them tender (not mushy), and they don't end up smelling all cabbage-y. This recipe was so good, I keep finding myself popping into the fridge to nibble on the leftovers.


The second recipe was Double Corn Cornbread. This was just a good average cornbread recipe. Something you wouldn't be ashamed to feed your Kindergarten teacher when she stops by for a visit.


The last recipe was Corn and Jalapeno Gravy to dip my cornbread, Brussels sprouts, and finger in. Here they are all together:



No comments: