Thursday, January 10, 2008

National Soup Month

Apparently, January is National Soup Month. I guess I'm not the first person to think that January and soup go together like beans and rice. It's also National Tea Month, National Book Month, and Prune Breakfast Month. I think I can do without Prune Breakfast Month.

Here's my latest soup: Green Coriander and Ginger Broth with tofu. It was good, but not great. It's got lots of coriander (cilantro), celery, shiitake mushrooms, and green onions. I sprinkled this bowl-full with sesame oil, and I had another bowl-full with some Tabasco. I think hot chili oil would probably be a good compromise. Either way, I don't think I'll be making this soup again. Maybe it would taste better with fresher ingredients, but I think I just like stronger flavors.

No comments: