Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Tempeh Sausage

This is another great recipe from Vegan with a Vengeance. And this is my second try cooking tempeh. I took a block of tempeh, broke it into little pieces and cooked it in some water. It expanded, kinda like oatmeal. Once all the water was cooked out, I added fennel, sage, basil, red pepper flakes, garlic, olive oil, soy sauce, and lemon juice. Then I just cooked it until it browned up again.

I ate the tempeh with some jeera rice that I learned to make in my Indian cooking class and a cucumber-carrot salad that wasn't really that great. Jeera is just fancy talk for cumin seed.

I liked this a whole lot better than the last tempeh recipe I tried. I'm having a hard time not eating it all right now. Cooking it in water first really made a difference I think. It's time to go distract myself now, because the leftovers are calling my name.

P.S. At the moment, it looks like photos aren't going to happen, but I'll keep trying.

No comments: