Saturday, November 6, 2010

Lonestar Vegetarian Chili Cookoff


Sunday, November 7, is the 22nd Lonestar Vegetarian Cook-off. I'll be competing for the second time. Last year, I won second place with this chili recipe. I still really love that recipe, but we've given the chili a bit of a makeover so it's fresh and new this year. It's still bulgur-based. It's still beanless. And it's still spicy. But we used a completely new spice blend.

The cook-off is really a great event. Last year there were lots of 100% vegan chilis to try, veg-related booths, live music, door prizes, and great food and beer. I except this year to be even better.

I'll be cooking up 5 gallons of chili (without electricity!) and serving it by the tablespoonful tomorrow. I hope some of y'all will come out to try it. More details are on the event's website.

I'll post the recipe, a contest recap, and the price of making 5 gallons of vegan chili tomorrow!

6 comments:

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

Good luck! I'm crossing my fingers for you!

celyn said...

More good luck from me!

panda with cookie said...

I hope you're kicking ass right now!

flying said...

I wish you lot's of luck!
by the way is it just me or doesn't the link for last years chili work? (my browser claims there are network problems :( )

mollyjade said...

Thanks everyone! It was a fun time!

And thanks flying! I fixed the link and it's here as well.

http://scratch-sniff.blogspot.com/2009/05/vegan-texas-chili.html

Evelyn said...

Man, I wish I had seen this post earlier. I would have told my friend who lives in Round Rock about it. I hope I can get over for it some year.